Program and Membership Benefits
Your membership at the Plattsburgh YMCA gives you access to many great programs and benefits. Here are just a few of the great things you’ll find when you become a member of the Y.
- NEW STATE OF ART PRECOR CARDIO CENTER
- Nautilus 2ST Fitness Center
- Free weight room
- Free Fitness classes -ZUMBA, Yoga, Pilates, Spin and so much more
- Free Baby-sitting- Work out while you little ones enjoy some fun and games
- Free water exercise classes
- Locker Room w/Saunas
- Children’s Swim lessons (reduced member rate)
- Open basketball & volleyball- Newly renovate floors
- Reduced rates for programs and events
- Scheduled free recreational swim
- Scheduled lap swimming
- Free racquetball – advanced week reservation
- Scuba (reduced member rate)
- Caring, professional staff and volunteers
Types of Memberships
The YMCA attracts people of all ages in Clinton County, one of the many reasons why we love working here. Our memberships are divided into several categories, based on the needs and interests of our members.
- Youth (age 5-12)
- Teen (age 13-18)
- Senior (age 65+)
- Senior Couple
- Single Parent Family
- Student Semester
People who like to focus on personalized fitness will love our cardiovascular center, weight room and nautilus fitness center.
Swimming and Exercise Pool
Facility Rentals for Birthday Parties
The Y pool or gym can be rented on Saturday or Sunday afternoons for birthday parties or other special occasions. Packages may include one hour in our pool, bounce house or climbing wall. You can also reserve a room for an hour to serve your own food, play games and hand out presents. For more information ask the front desk or our membership director.
Youth development begins at birth and it’s a responsibility we take very seriously at the Y. We offer a several childcare programs for all ages, and a babysitting service for members who want to workout.
From preschoolers to teenagers, our youth sports programs will teach your kids valuable skills they will use for the rest of their lives. Our kids learn the value of teamwork and good sportsmanship, while building their self-esteem and confidence.
The Y has some of the best day camps in the north country. Every camp is structured around the age group it serves with appropriate activities for everyone. Register early since space is limited.
Locker Rentals, Locks and Towels
You can also rent one of our short lockers for $36 for the year to keep your personal items in while you work out. Towel service is also available for 50¢ a day or $30 year.